Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Turkey Day!

I probably should not say it like that (TDay)...I guess it's sort of like XMas...right?  Alright then...the guilt is upon me...HAPPY THANKSGIVING !

We are scheduled to enjoy some family at our house later this afternoon after the rest of Heather's siblings have made their rounds and paid their loving dues to their respective other sides of the family.  Yep, we're cooking our own bird, basting it with some "special sauce" better than the Colonol Sander's and we're not talkin' MacD's special sauce lettuce cheeze on a sesame bun, either.

The kids helped us put up the Christmas Tree, nativity sets and other holiday decorations in the past two days also.  It actually went pretty smooth believe it or not.  Chase and Brooklyn are good at helping while Austin and Kade throw stuffed animals and act out their own mystical football game from room to room.  Savannah is with me on my lap waiting patiently for Heather to feed her.  I'd like to help there but...

My biggest disappointment of this great day is simply that I was not able to play some holiday football.  "Able" is probably the wrong word here...it is more like there was not a chance to play.  I don't know of anyone around here that is playing some grind-it-out, back-in-our-hayday, oldies-vs-youngin's, go-deep, just-get-open-I'll-find-you-in-the-endzone TURKEY DAY FOOTBALL.  Man, I could have used a good dose of that that this year.

I am pretty certain Heather could take it or leave it when it comes to TDay football.  I don't think women will ever understand the holiday testosterone that's doing cartwheels inside about this time of year.  She just realizes that when I come home I am either hurt, tired or really sore the next couple of days.  When it comes to fun and exercise I think she would rather me put my arms and legs to work in the kitchen putting dishes away :)

I will have to do some preparation and recruiting here locally for Christmas and see if we can pull something off then.  Until then, Happy Thanksgiving to all!

No comments: